Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Compass Bank


Most of us would have trouble forgetting that Compass Bank had the words Subprime Loans emblazened in huge letters big enough to cover the whole area on the back of all of their envelopes as if they invented the idea. I wonder if they had any idea that the phrase "predatory lender" would be attached to those same words a few years later. If one goes online they will see lots of reports of how Compass Bank stole money from their customers. They are not the only ones but I will get to that in other posts. I want to start this blog post with something they did to me first, and from there on, anyone who wants to, please post a comment, you are entirely welcome to.
One meets all kinds of people when they address people in our society. Some of us have had problems with alcohol or drugs ourselves. We go to 12 Step meetings that ARE very important but unfortunately there is no screening process at the door, so let this be your warning. Let this warning be part of your recovery if you are serious about staying sober and have to be one of the ones who is more than "Around" the fellowhip. People you might meet in a 12 step meeting seem nice enough and some might seem like your friend when you are in a meeting. I can tell you an example of a person. Her name is EDNA and Edna says lots of things and calls herself by many names but the fact remains that Edna is NOT a sober, honest, nice person who is in recovery. She is one of the parasites that go to meetings and takes advantage of the rest of us. She asked to come over to my place and talk. We talked and then I had to go to the store. She whined about how she didn't want to leave and wanted to just sit and rest and I thought to myself, "What harm could come of this?" So I let her stay there while I went to the store for a few minutes. When I returned, everything seemed normal and I didn't suspect anything was wrong. I went to the bank and for the first time I got in trouble with a bank as they said I was overdrawn. I told them I couldn't be because I had just paid all my bills and had a positive amount of a buffer of about one hundred dollars left over in cash that I saw the week before and the only thing I had bought was about twenty dollars worth of groceries.

The teller started her next sentence with, "Well, when you wrote a check to Edna...", I immediately realised what had happened. The teller said the checks were out of order with the last other ones I had written. Edna stole some checks from the back of my checkbook so that I wouldn't notice for a while that they were missing. Previously when I had been working construction on a regular basis and was earning a good salary, I might not have even noticed eighty dollars missing until I checked my statement.

As I was to later find out, Edna had forged one of my checks, walked into Compass Bank using her own legal I.D. and in front of a camera, committed fraud by telling the bank teller of Compass Bank that I had written a check out to her and she then took the money and left, leaving my account in a state of being Overdrawn. I went to the bank manager who assured me everything would be alright if I would report this to the police and then file a report with them for forgery and fraud. I did both of those things, but the manager who told me this was either in collusion with Edna or was so in trouble financially that he not only didn't straighten out my account, he told the police when they called that he had no information for them and that he was going to charge ME with the amount that EDNA stole from ME right on camera. He refused to report the theft, fraud, forgery, etc. to the police and took the rest of the money from what was left in my savings account and then made up a fee that they, on a monthly basis took the rest of the money from my Savings Account and lied to me about their intentions. So, not only didn't they follow their written company policy to refund my money since it was THEM who didn't check my signature and let Edna get away with forgery, then they stole the money they were supposed to replace I am here to tell you, NEVER PUT MONEY IN COMPASS BANK, their policy is to steal money from their customers because they got in trouble over Sub Prime Loans and are getting it back by cheating their customers any way they can. They make up fictitious illegal rules and state that they will, because of a policy change have to "KEEP" your money. Take your money out of Compass Bank. If they hadn't done everything I am saying and I was lying, then, believe me they would sue me for libel but they never will because every word of what I say is true.


If you have had a bad experience with Compass Bank Stealing from you, please let me know by leaving a comment. If you can, pleasse leave as many details as possible. Don't say that you know what is going on, just little by little, deposit less and less and then withdraw all of your money after establishing an acoount with a different bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment